The 10th RHESSI workshop will take place at the Historic Inns of Annapolis in Annapolis, Maryland. The most convenient airport to Annapolis is Baltimore-Washington International (BWI). Airport shuttle from BWI to the hotel is recommended.
The Historic Inns of Annapolis will be hosting the 10th RHESSI workshop.
Conveniently located in downtown Annapolis, it is within walking distance of all of the major tourist sites as well as many restaurants. The hotel consists of three historic buildings, all within a block of each other. The meeting rooms and check in are in the Governor Calvert House.
- The negotiated room rate is $120/night (single or double) plus 6% Maryland Sales Tax plus 7% Maryland State Lodging Tax.
- A discounted student rate is available at $99/night, plus the above taxes. The number of rooms at this rate is limited.
- Parking (valet only) is extra at a discounted rate of $20/night plus 6% Maryland Sales Tax.
- Wi-Fi is available in the guest and meeting rooms at no additional charge.
- Complimentary shuttle service within a 5-mile radius of the hotels is provided.
- Call 1-800-847-8882 or 1-410-263-2641 to make a reservation (be sure to mention that you are part of the NASA RHESSI Workshop group). To make a reservation online, click here or enter the Group Code “RHESSI10” (note: the letters must be all caps) when making your reservation at the Hotel Web Site. The online reservations forms may not display the discounted room rates. We have been assured by the hotel that the discounted rates will be provided at check in.
- To guarantee a room and the Workshop rates, reservations must be made before Friday, July 2, 2010.
- The address of Historic Inns of Annapolis and the Governor Calvert House is
58 State Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401
Three major airports serve the area: Baltimore Washington International (BWI), Washington-Dulles International (IAD), and Reagan National Airport (DCA) (see map below). BWI is 25 miles from Annapolis (30 min driving time), DCA is 36 miles (42 min driving time), and IAD is 63 miles (68 min driving time) from Annapolis. These are minimum driving times, which can be much longer in rush hour traffic, especially to DCA and IAD.
Two major airport shuttle companies that serve all three airports are Go Airport Shuttle (1-877-544-4646) and SuperShuttle (1-800-258-3826). Discounted rates and online reservations for the Go Airport Shuttle can be obtained here.
Annapolis is the capital of the state of Maryland. It has a population of approximately 36,000 and is situated on the Chesapeake Bay, 26 miles (42 km) south of Baltimore and about 29 miles (47 km) east of Washington, D.C. The city was briefly the temporary capital of the United States between 1783 and 1784. The state house was built in 1772 and is the oldest in continuous use in the United States. The Treaty of Paris, which ended the conflict between Great Britain and the American colonies, was signed within its walls. Also, General George Washington resigned his commission to the Continental Congress here. It is topped by the largest wooden dome built without nails in the U.S.